Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Frank Turner @ The Cabooze

FLAC files are available on The Traders' Den
320kbps mp3 files are available on emptystapes.com

Frank Turner
The Cabooze
Minneapolis, MN
Saturday October 3rd 2009

Taper: empty (emptystapes AT gmail DOT com)
Location: right side of "the pole" AB DFCish, 20' back, ~9' ^
Source: MBHO 603a KA200N > Silver Quad customs > UA-5 (BM2p+) > iRiver h120 (Optical @ 16bit 44.1kHz WAV)
Transfer: h120 > USB 2.0 > PC [WAV > TLH lvl 6 + Tested > FLAC]
Edit: CD Wave (tracking) Sound Forge 10 (fades)
TRT: 29:33

This Recording is for Promotional & Archival Purposes Only.

01. I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous
02. Try This At Home
03. Long Live The Queen
04. The Road
05. Dan's Song *
06. The Fastest Way Back Home #
07. Photosynthesis
08. The Ballad Of Me And My Friends

w/ Chris on harmonica
w/ Nick's proposal to his special lady friend

www.frank-turner.com

This was Frank's first show in Minneapolis and holy christ am I glad I was there to get it on record. I had first heard of him when Million Dead toured Europe with Jonah Matranga of FAR in 2004(?). Frank and Jonah toured together again in 2006 eventually releasing a split. I had been wanting to see this guy for a few years now but I honestly had no idea what he would bring to the table live. A truly captivating and sincere performance is what those paying attention in the Cabooze got. If I had the dough I'd follow Frank around with my little black bag and my little silver mic stand. Lomax style. I'm usually not wrong in these matters so I encourage people lend an ear. His new album "Poetry of the Deed" is out now on Xtra Mile/Epitaph Records. Frank, The Loved Ones and Murder by Death supported The Gaslight Anthem. Thanks to the bands and to The Cabooze for being cool with recording.

FTHC

No comments: