Thursday, July 30, 2009

Closing out July '09...

First things first, I need to get Future of the Left's 7/22 set posted (with their blessing) hopefully tonight.

Last night More Cowbell presented a show at The Turf Club with a stacked bill that included; Gifts From Enola, Paragraphs, Falcon Arrow & peoplearemagnets. Nothing says Wednesday night like sippin' ice water while enjoying some fine post-rock until the wee hours of the morning. Opps, I said the "p" word. Catch Gifts From Enola on their way back East if possible. Here's hoping the tapes sound nice. They're right behind Future of the Left.

Friday invloves a bit of a predicament. I was already down for the Ice Palace show at the Turf but upon speaking with my friend JK last night I was reminded that Disembodied play an early show at Station 4. Some 10 bands for $10 tour including Posion the Well, Bane, Terror, Disembodied, The Ghost Inside, War of Ages, This Is Hell, Death Before Dishonor, High Hopes & Relentless. This thing starts at 1:30pm and I'm really only interested in taping Disembodied. I'd be tempted to cover the last three bands if they were cool with it and time permitted. HMMM. I was planning on heading "home" to relax before another late night at the Turf but a decision to haul gear to work will have to be made before Friday morning. The idea of protecting a stand & bag of gear from an AA hardcore crowd at Station 4 does not sound appealing.

No comments: